Pages

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

My Blogging History

I have been blogging for 10 years. This is where it began. I called it "Glenn's Blog" as an informal title during a time when folks would have deep and meaningful blog titles. Yesterday I changed it to simply "Glenn Hendrickson." Hopefully a more professional sounding move.

Much like the title of my blog, my writing was more or less informal. Upon reflection this is understandable when you start blogging without any notion of branding, without any overly specific direction.

I eventually created different blogs for my more specific interests, namely 1) science fiction and 2) Christian theology/apologetics. Using blogger and WordPress (and eventually paying for my own domain) I continued writing.

I am now thinking about transitioning back to the Blogger platform. You wont often find me stating what I will blog about and how often I will be blogging. My hope is to develop a habit of regularly writing and publishing. At one point I had honed this skill, I want that back.

You may find me writing about theology, apologetics, or other religious-related topics. This is where my passion lies. I may also write about leadership and management, this is where my current career path is taking me. I may still tread into the realm of science fiction/fantasy. Blogging about the news, my analysis of books, movies, events. Quite frankly, I am not dedicating this blog to any one particular topic. It is my blog.


No comments: